GCHEG MHA Scholarship
This annual scholarship is designated for a student enrolled in UNC Charlotte’s MHA program. The Greater Charlotte Healthcare Executives Group (GCHEG), the local chapter of the American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE), is the professional membership society for healthcare executives. Its mission is to meet its members’ professional, educational, and leadership needs; to promote high ethical standards and conduct; to advance healthcare leadership and management excellence; and to promote the mission of ACHE. This scholarship is intended to support that mission.
- Student must demonstrate financial need, as determined by the Office of Financial Aid, or student must describe how the scholarship will assist them with meeting tuition costs and other costs of graduate school.
- Student must maintain a GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- Award to be made to a student who has completed 18 hours of coursework in the MHA program.
- Student must be an active member in good standing of the Charlotte Healthcare Executive Student Organization (CHESO), the American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE), and the local ACHE Chapter, the Greater Charlotte Healthcare Executives Group (GCHEG).
- The award recipient will serve as a liaison between UNC Charlotte and the GCHEG; the recipient will also serve on a GCHEG Committee consistent with her or his interest during the academic year in which they receive the scholarship.
To be considered for the award, applicants are asked to submit their required materials via the NinerScholars Portal by the stated deadline, bearing in mind that the program specific deadline for this scholarship may vary from the larger university deadline